The Department of General Medicine in Svastha Hospital is committed in providing specialized treatments and excellent comprehensive care to the patients. The Department is well equipped with State of the art lab facilities and experienced clinical team.
General medicine or internal medicine is the medical specialty dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of adult diseases. Physicians specializing in general medicine are called internists, or physicians.
The patients who approach general medicine are often seriously ill or require complex investigations; internists do much of their work in hospitals. Internists often have subspecialty interests in diseases affecting particular organs or organ systems.
Many concepts of health in human anatomy relate to care primarily in general internal medicine. Any primary conditions with symptoms recognizable are preliminary attempts to treat a patient in general internal medicine. Physical examination and general examination are important in general internal medicine. These test results are included in patient diagnosis and treatment, which are part of general internal medicine.
We handle all emergencies in the casualty and attempts are made to stabilize patients as per standard protocol. Our clinical expertise helps us seamlessly manage medical issues from a large spectrum of communicable and non-communicable diseases, such as hypertension, malaria, stroke, heart disease, diabetes and so on.
- Cardiology – Special clinics are available throughout the week with facilities to deal with issues such as acute coronary syndrome, myocardial infarction, CCF and acute left ventricular failure. Coronary angiography, echocardiography, treadmills and revascularization is available. Apart from this holter monitoring, EPS studies, Pacemaker implantations are also available as Cath lab facilities are available.
- Endocrinology – All forms of endocrine disorders can be treated at Svastha Hospitals. Pediatric OPD is also available for Pediatric endocrinology.
- Nephrology – Nephrology OPD is available throughout the week and the facilities Svastha hosts consists of peritoneal and haemodialysis, continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis and renal transplantations are also available in coordination with the Urology Division.
- Gastroenterology – Liver biopsy facilities are available through the general medicine division and surgical procedures such as colonoscopy and endoscopy are also conducted.
- Neurology – Neurology OPD is available at Svastha hospital with facilities such as EMG, EEG, CT Scan, NCS, DSA, MRI & MRI angiogram.
- Orthopaedics – Multidisciplinary musculoskeletal diagnosis and treatment are conducted at Svastha Hospital.
Services Offered at Svastha Hospital
General Medicine Services
- Infectious diseases
- Metabolic disorders such as dyslipidemia and diabetes
- Stomach ache and other gastrointestinal discomforts
- Backache and other joint issues
- Headaches, malaise and muscle weakness